Friday, August 8, 2008

Introducing Ms. Pei Jung Sullivan!!!

I really can't believe I am writing this post. It feels utterly surreal. Today at 11:40 a.m. I was sitting at my computer trying to decide if I should send an e-mail to JOH or simply call and beg them to tell me if we were close to the top of the list. Just then, the phone rang and it was a 206 area code. Well, let me tell you, everyone who is waiting for a referral from JOH knows what that means! Tien (the Taiwan Program Coordinator) was on the other end waiting to tell me that she had a referral of a beautiful baby girl born in the early morning hours on Friday June the 6th. Wow!!! I opened my e-mail to a precious little face and knew it must be a Sullivan baby because she was as bald and serious as all the Sullivan babies have been. I owe a huge thank you to our dear friend Dr. Tess who came right over and reviewed all the information. She said everything looked great! We have a name in mind, but we haven't decided definitively yet so for now we will call our daughter by her beautiful given name Pei Jung (pronounced "pay yong"). After 8 months and 4 days of waiting, we feel so fortunate to finally share with you our referral photo AND a little video. Enjoy!

17 comments:

Our family said...

Yeah!! I'm the first to write a message. :-)
Sarah, I am soooo happy for you and your family. Pei-Jung is so beautiful. She looks so healthy and alert. Congratulations. See, I told you it would be this past week.
Enjoy this wonderful weekend.
Congrats.
Casey

lorabelle said...

Oh Sarah,
I am just thrilled for you! Your daughter is just beautiful. I know you are just over the moon right now with delight! Congratulations!!!
Lora & Allie

dan and rachel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am beyond excited for you!!!! Here's to a speedy judge!

Lynne said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Wishing you a speedy court process! -Lynne B

Anne Marie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

How many times have you watched the video?!? I adore her little gurgles that you can hear. Pei Jung is just beautiful. Here's to speedy judges!

J said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!
Can't wait to watch

Yvonne Crawford said...

Congrats, she's beautiful!!!

Heather said...

Sarah, I am SOOOOO happy for you! She is absolutely beautiful. Wishing you a very speedy court process and her in your arms very soon.

Cindy said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news!!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Joe&MichelleLiss said...

I am SO EXCITED for you guys!!! Watching the video really brings backs memories for me. It won't be long before you have her in your arms!

Amy, Ryan, Aidan & Lauren said...

She is so tiny and beautiful! Congratulations to your family!

Amy, Ryan, Aidan & Lauren said...

Sarah, thanks for the super sweet comment on our blog. I hadn't gotten the previous message you mentioned--I'm so glad you enjoyed our picture on the JOH site!

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOSH DAN & SARAH!! Congratulations on your little sweetie!!!! She is such a peanut! Such a beautiful & expressive little face. Praying things move quickly in the courts!

Blessings,
Rebecca

Tisra said...

BIG congratulations!

Tisra
waiting for referral from Taiwan (on the FEC list 15 months)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

babybain said...

We are so happy for you!

lorabelle said...

Okay, I can't help it! I'm ready for your update photo's already... I'm just as impatient now, waiting for all of you to get your updates as I was waiting for Allie's. I know the waiting is hard, hang in there! She is just as sweet as can be.
Lora

babybain said...

Wonderful news! I love how much she moves in her video. She is beautiful, healthy...perfect!